Why Do we need Coaching?
We live in complex times. We are bombarded by more stimulation than ever before in the history of the world. We need to make more choices in one day than previous generations made in their entire lives. In addition the world we live in is constantly changing. The changes are environmental, technological, political, economic, scientific, and global. We also must contend with task-saturated lives in which responses are expected in nanoseconds, and there is less and less time available to process information and data. In short, there is less time, there are higher expectations, and a plethora of electronic devices that demand attention dictating the need to be “in the know” at every moment causes stress. When you are juggling multiple tasks, trying to get more done than seems humanly possible, and you are faced with decisions you don’t feel confident making… you are not alone. The pressure to make choices and make the right decisions weighs heavily on executives wrestling with expansion, relocation, and reorganization opportunities; it also concerns employees who have to make career choices about changing jobs, relocating to another country, or determining their main “driver” in making these decisions. This is the condition that has given rise to the profession of coaching. Professions come into existence when there is a need; they die out when that need has been replaced. In this fast-paced, intensive world coaching helps unearth vision and passion, focus motivation and make the dream become reality!
Why People Seek Out a Professional Coach…
- To sort out options and determine the preferable direction
- To uncover your personal truth and receive support in achieving your dreams
- When the stretch between where you are presently and your desired future reality is more than you can imagine, your coach helps you bridge the gap between “here” and “there”
- Your coach can assist you in overcoming obstacles and breaking through blocks
- If you are a perfectionist, stuck in a pattern, or want to board the fast track, your coach can help you achieve your goals
- Your coach will help you sort out your capabilities, preferences, new aspirations to choose what is in your best interest, and then embark on your new venture
- When you have experienced setbacks or unfulfilled expectations, your coach can help you process disappointment, disillusionment, rejection, and even shattered dreams, and then get back on track with your life
- If you have had difficulty achieving your goals, or you’re holding back because of economic conditions, your coach can help you go for it
- Research has shown that people who believe in themselves are much more likely to make their dreams come true than those who don’t. If your dream requires you to stretch your self-image, then your coach can help you find the building blocks between your current perception of yourself and your desired future identity
Corporations Want Coaches for a Variety of Reasons…
- To enhance performance
- To increase effectiveness on the job
- To become more efficient, a better time manager
- To augment gaps in their professional development
- To prepare them for increasing demands on the job
- To develop a variety of skills in preparation for leadership
- To help an employee become more self-confident and focused
- It is less expensive to hire a coach to support an existing employee than to replace that employee with a new one!
Types of Situations That Are Coachable
- To eliminate gaps between the present and the ideal future vision
- To break through obstacles like in the movie, “The King’s Speech”
- To address confidential and sensitive situations
- To support relocation orientation support
- To assist transitions between jobs or careers
- To advocate medical support when encountering a big choice/decision
- To establish priorities
- To formulate visions, goals, and strategies
- To illuminate legal issues that require sensitivity
- To bridge people concerns regarding mergers and acquisitions
- To overcome challenges with personalities on the job (or off)
- To facilitate choice-making from an inner-directed place
With a 40+ year track record of successfully managing change, consulting Fortune 500 companies, and coaching executives to success in America and 25 years of conducting similar business in Europe, MMS has demonstrated that it possesses vision, constancy, and tenacity. After four decades of conducting global, multi-cultural business, we have a formula for success.
As a true pioneer company in training coaches, MMS has remained ahead of the curve while maintaining its integrity: MMS has developed with the integration of technology (IT) with the required interpersonal people skills.
MMS honors the core values of: ethics, honesty, respect, authenticity, collaboration, trust, willingness, choice, alignment, communication, responsibility, community, quality, and accountability.
We encourage these principles, we teach others how to embody them, and we lead by example.
MMS Coach Training is the Original Coach Training
The first MMS Coach Training was designed and presented by MMS Institute, in the USA in 1974. MMS is accredited by International Coach Federation (ICF), the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC), and NOBCO in The Netherlands.
Why MMS Coach Training as opposed to all the others?
1. We are the original and oldest Coach Training on Earth… #1 since 1974
2. Over 125 ICF Accredited hours of Transformational Executive Coach Training
3. Dr. Cherie Carter-Scott, MCC the “Mother of Coaching” started the coaching industry in San Francisco in 1974 when she trained her first coaches. She has over 10,000 hours of coaching. Her credentials include #1 Bestselling author, with 17 books in print, and the Director of Training for The MMS Worldwide Institute, BV based in Holland; over 500 programs designed for global corporations
4. Lynn U. Stewart, PCC with over 40 years of coaching, and training coaches
5. Michael Pomije, PCC with over 25 years of coaching experience
6. Jean-Francois Cousin, MCC with over 10 years of coaching experience, trains with us in Bangkok
7. Transformational Life Coaching, co-authored by Dr. Cherie Carter-Scott and Lynn Stewart and is the main textbook for the program
8. In addition to the textbook, there are five additional books required for optimum learning, which are available in hard copy or MP3 audio version.
9. We have world class trainers: 2 MCCs, PCCs with over 100 years of combined experience coaching executives in English, Dutch, German, French, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Thai, and Chinese
10. MMSVT (Virtual Training with 74 – 5 minute modules = 5 hours)
11. Life Skill Coaching courses offered for personal growth and professional training.
12. We have a strong brand and track record globally since 1974, delivering over 140 MMS Accredited ACTP courses globally!
13. Graduates receive MMSWI/ICF certificate for the PCC level
14. Some companies that have utilized our MMS Coach Trainings: KPMG, Webster University, Prudential, J&J, Thai Bev, Unilever, Hay Group, P-PAC, ABN-AMRO, RABO Bank, ING, RBS, Verizon, McKinsey, MGM Resorts, US Air National Guard, Island Ziekenhuis, Deloitte, Philips, Aberkyn, Coast Valley Properties, AIMMS, Adnovate,DSM, BCG, Chevron and many others
15. We are accessible to you during the training and afterwards to mentor, ask questions, and help you with your personal coach training, marketing and professional development. Weekly meetings: 4 hours per week for 12 weeks, (or three intensive weeks)
16. 3 intense LAB weekends (once per month): Saturday and Sunday (9am-6pm)
17. 10 hours of Mentoring (7 hours in group setting)
18. 6 individual feedback sessions (or “bootcamp” if courageous)
19. MMS is the first Executive Producer of the www.CoachingMovie.com and Dr. Cherie is a featured on-camera coach (breakthrough historic documentary)
20. 100% of our MMS Coach Training graduates pass the ICF CKA Exam
Who Should Consider Taking This Training
This training is for those who feel they have a calling to help others. If people continually seek you out to help them resolve issues, that might also be considered a sign. It is for those who want to assist individuals and teams solve their challenges. It is for those whose jobs require them to have change management skills along with the emotional intelligence to support transitions, shifting expectations, and emerge decisive in the face of changing times. The training curriculum is in compliance with the ICF requirements and is taught by those with ICF Master Certified Coach credentials.
Some of the Skills Taught in the MMS Coach Training
- Coaching presence
- Establishing trust and safety with the client
- Suspending judgment
- Quieting the voices of the mind
- Active listening
- Focus of attention
- Powerful questioning
- Trusting your intuition & messages
- Direct communication
- Creating awareness
- Designing actions
- Discovering your leadership abilities
- Planning and goal setting
- Managing progress
MMS Virtual Training
- Five hours virtual training with Dr. Chérie
- Accessible 24/7 from anywhere
- Enhances English coaching language skills
- Develops focus & listening skills
You Will Learn…
- Everything required to professionally coach
- How to listen to your inner voice
- How to say, “No”
- How to stand up and speak up for yourself
- How to self correct
- How to nurture yourself
You Will Be Able To…
- Discover your blind spots
- Start coaching immediately
- Develop leadership skills
- Stay in balance and set boundaries
- Grow exponentially
- Remove blocks from your life
- Become a better listener
- Understand the do’s and don’ts of coaching
- Be able to see when and why you judge
- Own and acknowledge your accomplishments
- Trust yourself more
- Have enhanced self-confidence & interpersonal skills
- Experience a new coaching community instantly
- You will be able to make a difference in the lives of many
- Become your authentic self
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is The MMS Coach Training?
A: The MMS Coach Training is a 12-week intensive and transformational certification program for people who want to be trained as a professional coach…
1) To develop their capacity to facilitate others
2) To develop themselves both personally and professionally
Q: How long have you been conducting the Training?
A: Dr. Cherie Carter-Scott designed and conducted the first MMS Coach Training in 1975. Since then we have continued to conduct MMS Coach Trainings around the world.
Q: How long is the MMS CT?
A: It is 125 hours of live in-person Coach Training over three months.
Q: What is the purpose of the Training?
A: The purpose of the MMS Coach Training is to become an MMS ICF certified coach; to learn coaching skills to apply to your career, and to grow exponentially in awareness and interpersonal skills.
Q: What do you bring to the Training?
A: The most important thing you can bring to the MMS Coach Training is a willingness to grow, your curiosity about other people, a passion to learn about yourself, the desire to develop interpersonal skills, and the commitment to become a “Brilliant” MMS Coach.
Q: Why do people take The MMS Coach Training?
A: People take the MMS Coach Training because they want to grow in dramatic and profound ways; because they want a supportive and nurturing environment in which to learn about coaching; and because they want to hone and enhance their ability to help and support others.
Q: What do they hope to get out of The MMS Coach Training?
A: Every person who enrolls wants to be of service to others, to develop the art of asking questions that originate in the intuition, and to develop ways to quiet the voices in their mind. It is possible to alter the orientation of life from one of regret, remorse, and recrimination to a life of unconditional acceptance, joy, and surrender to your life’s purpose and path.
: What is the success rate?
A: Our success rate is extremely high because we know the program is not for everyone. We interview candidates to determine if there is a fit between what they are looking for and what we are offering. If there is not a match in expectations, we dissuade them from enrolling in the program.
Q: How is The MMS Coach Training different from other Trainings?
A: The MMS Coach Training is different from other trainings in these ways:
1) It is conducted in-person
2) It addresses feelings as integral to the process
3) It includes energy, chakras, and flow
4) Mirrors are a fundamental part of the reflective process
5) It goes deeper and is transformational
Q: Can you tell me about the MMS Coach Training method?
A: Our approach is Socratic in that we ask open-ended questions. These intuitive questions allow you to access your inner knowing or “answer channel” and find your answers. You will be amazed at what you will discover about your authentic Self. The basic premise is that unless you have your life the way you want it… it is difficult to support others to make their visions become reality. There are two parts to the CT process: The first six weeks the focus is on the Self. The second six weeks the focus is on the client or coach.
The first portion of the Coach Training is about being the best that you can be… so that you can truly be of service to others, support each person you coach in reconciling challenges, resolving issues, and in ultimately getting their needs and wants met.
The second portion of the program focuses on the Coaching aspect, and the emphasis shifts from “Self” to “Other.” Knowing what you want is your birthright. Helping people know what they want is a gift!
Q: What is the format of the Training?
A: The group meets weekly for four hours in our classroom training session. There are also three sets of process-Lab days (Saturday & Sunday), the first set of process days is the launch of the program. We have another set in the middle between sessions 4 & 5, and another set toward the end between sessions 10 & 11. In addition, there are six “Feedback Sessions” where guests are invited to do sessions with fellow participants, and private one-on-one feedback is provided to each participant.
Q: Are meals included in the price?
A: Coffee, tea, breakfast rolls and fruit are offered on the weekends. In Thailand, lunch is included in the process “Lab” weekends.
Q: What is the investment for MMS Coach Training?
A: The investment for each individual is ฿225,000 if you register 60 days prior to the launch of the training.
Q: Are there testimonials available?
A: Yes and they are available to download from the website: www.themms.com.
Q: Is there any follow up after the Training?
A: Since MMS has the accreditation of ICF we are applying for the privilege to offer Continuing Coach Education (CCEs). By mid 2014, this will be offered.
Q: Are there people I could talk to about their experience?
A: Yes, definitely. Visit www.themms.com to access a list of our Featured Coaches to contact. People are happy to share their experience of the MMS Coach Training.
Q: Is there a money back guarantee?
A: Yes, if you truly apply yourself, complete all of the assignments thoroughly, and go for all your objectives 100% and you still don’t believe you have achieved your objectives, then, we will refund your money. This rarely happens since almost all participants feel as if they receive much more benefit then they could ever have imagined.
Q: What do I need to do to sign up for the Training?
Comments from Graduates:
“The moment I met Cherie, I felt a special connection and I thought: she can teach me some things that are important for me to learn. So I took the MMS Coach Training, which exceeded my already high expectations. I learnt a lot about myself, got rid of a couple of major limiting beliefs and learnt to be an effective coach, able to empower others. I use my newly acquired skills in my businesses, in my family and in every aspect of my life, wherever I find it appropriate to use them. What I especially like about Cherie and Lynn is that they really practice what they preach. This illustrates the power of their philosophy. I can highly recommend this course to anyone, regardless whether you want to become a professional coach, change jobs or just want to get better at what you are already doing.”
Aberkyn Team, The Netherlands
“MMS showed me that non-judgmental coaching creates opportunities. It helped me learn how to connect with my clients. I use the skills I learned in the MMS Coach Training every day of my life.”
Paul van Hooft, Professional Coach
“I feel empowered. I feel touched. I feel incredibly enriched. I feel re-enchanted. I feel joyful and playful. I feel grateful. I feel connected and committed. Wow!”
Gertjan Mulder, Professional Coach
“I feel thoroughly cleaned internally and in full transformation. I will continue to live the process for the rest of my life. I feel deeply gratified that I have been able to choose for the MMS Coach Training. This has been the greatest gift I have given myself.”
Hans Vermeulen, Professional Coach
“I’m ready to create my future around: freedom, adventure, helping others, authenticity, inspiration, and happiness.”
Jantien Aarts, Management Consultant & Corporate Coach